A lot of people get their confidence from their hair. Who wouldn’t, right? It can instantly make you look and feel gorgeous after all. The lack of it, however, can make you lose your self-confidence in an instance. Sure, there are lots of hair thickening and anti-hair loss products out there in the market, but are they truly effective?
Thanks to advanced technology, more procedures are being invented to make our crowning glory look and feel luscious. There are wigs, hair extensions, and of course, scalp micropigmentation. Today, we will give you a couple of tips that you should follow before and after getting your full micropigmentation in Las Vegas.
Pre-Scalp Micropigmentation Tips
Here are some of the things that you should always remember to do before getting your scalp micropigmentation:
- Shave your head beforehand. This will allow you to moisturize your head properly before undergoing the procedure. You will also see scars and marks that you did not know were there, which could help you decide if you would want to go ahead and get the procedure done or just leave it as it is.
- Moisturize your head. Moisturizing your whole head before undergoing the procedure is important, especially if you have extremely dry skin. You can use any type of moisturizer that typically works for your skin type.
- Decide on what you want. Look for sample photos on the web and decide how you want your scalp to look like after the procedure. Show these photos to your technician so they would have an idea of what you like to achieve.
Post-Scalp Micropigmentation Tips
Here are some of the things that you should always remember to do after getting your scalp micropigmentation:
- Avoid washing, touching, or rubbing your head three days after the procedure. Your head and scalp are sensitive during these times, and you most definitely would not want to irritate it.
- Skip the gym or any form of heavy exercise. Sweating can irritate the pores (as they open) and wounds on your head, which can possibly lead to an infection. Delay your gym and exercise plans and just do it after everything is properly healed.
- Use sunscreen. Once your head is completely healed and you decide to bask in the sun, then do not forget to put a little bit of sunscreen on your head.
- Use an exfoliating cleanser every once in a while. You would not want to over exfoliate, but make sure to do so every once in a while, as this will remove the dead skin cells on your head and will help it looking fresh.
- Moisturize. Moisturizing your head regularly after the healing process is done is important. You would want the pigments to look fresh and like new even after a while, and moisturization plays a huge part in this.
Always listen to your technician and ask them about the pre and post care tips when it comes to your scalp micropigmentation procedure. This is not a cheap process, and you definitely would want to get the best out of it!